All session times are in Central Daylight Time (CDT)
Friday, June 18
08:15 AM - 08:30 AMWelcome and Announcements
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMWhat Can Movies and TV Teach us About Ethics and Compliance? Adam Balfour, Vice President and General Counsel for Compliance and Latin America, Bridgestone Glenn McLea, Director, Enterprise Security Ops, Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMBreak
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMLeveraging Data Beth Davis, Assistant General Counsel , Asurion Michelle Balaklaw, Staff Counsel, Asurion
- Data can be utilized by legal teams to identify educational opportunities, hone in on hotline reporting trends by department and region, and demonstrate program success when presenting to leadership.
- Leveraging analytics also allows for the automation of work processes enabling you to work smarter, not harder.
- Embracing data allows legal teams to better communicate with other business functions, thus enabling you to be a better business partner and better advocate for your compliance program.
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMBreak
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMWhen and How to Refresh your Code of Conduct in a Way That Actually Makes Sense Ricardo Pellafone, Founder, Broadcat
- Overhauling a Code of Conduct is a massive project-and often it’s unnecessary and counterproductive
- How to think about your Code in a way that will establish it as a true foundation and free you from an endless cycle of exhausting updates
- How to redo your Code-if you truly need to-to make it last by future-proofing it as much as possible
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMMid-Conference Break
12:15 PM - 12:45 PMNetworking and Discussion
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMWho’s Line Is it Anyway: Legal and Compliance Roles, Responsibilities and Collaboration Lisa Estrada, Senior Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer, LifePoint Health Tizgel High, Deputy Chief Compliance Officer, LifePoint Hospitals Matt Kelly, Editor & CEO, Radical Compliance Karen Louis, Associate General Counsel , LendingPoint LLC
- What are the keys to a successful legal-compliance collaborations?
- Where do legal and compliance roles and responsibilities within a company typically overlap, run on separate tracks or even conflict?
- What are some pros and cons of having lawyers functioning in compliance roles?
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMBreak
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMInfluencing Leaders to Create a Speaking-Up Culture Debra Hennelly, Founder & President, Resiliti
- Influencing leaders to take accountability for encouraging the free flow of information--even when the facts are hard to hear;
- Heightening awareness of psychological safety’s multiple benefits: in addition to mitigating risk, it also encourages a culture of inclusion and enhances competitiveness through fostering innovation; and
- Being a strategic partner in the organization by helping to remove barriers, promote courage and clarity, and drive cultural change.
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMBreak
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMHow Will the New Administration Change the Role of Compliance? Charles Webb, Senior Antitrust Counsel, FedEx Corporation
- What are some of the key compliance topics and challenges we expect the Biden Administration to prioritize and address in the coming months?
- Who is the Biden Administration considering for key enforcement and regulatory positions, and what do those appointments tell us about the Administration’s legislative, enforcement and regulatory agendas?
- How should companies react to the Biden Administration’s emerging policy priorities and what can they be doing now to prepare and further mature their compliance programs?
04:30 PM - 04:30 PMConference Adjourns