Friday, December 4
08:25 AM - 08:30 AMWelcome and Opening Remarks
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMRIM 101: Managing Risk and Designing a Compliant Information Management Plan Jacki Cheslow, Global Compliance Program Leader, IEEE
- While we live in the Information Age, not all information created or received is equal
- This session will focus on building a compliant and legally defensible plan to manage your records and information
- During the session we will explore the record & information lifecycle, General Accepted Accounting Principles and the steps required to design a compliant and legally defensible record retention plan
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMBreak
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMCurrent Developments in Ethical Considerations for Compliance Officers and Attorneys Theodore Banks, Partner, Scharf Banks Marmor LLC
- What are the ethical considerations that face anyone involved in compliance activities, whether or not they are attorneys?
- What are some of the recent developments over the last year, including situations where compliance officers or attorneys have made whistleblower claims?
- How do developments in other areas, such as COVID-19 and racial justice, pose new ethical concerns for lawyers and compliance officers?
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMBreak
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMPromoting Social Equity: Can Compliance Succeed? Amy McDougal, CCEP, CA, President, CLEAResources, LLC Jason Meyer, President, LeadGood, LLC
- We will address the challenges that have faced compliance from #MeToo and what we can learn from that in promoting social equity in the workplace, the crucial role of whistleblowing in prevention, detection, and response to discrimination and harassment;
- The challenges of impacting corporate culture on social equity issues with a remote workforce and pandemic prevention measures in place, and
- Avoiding knee-jerk reactions to social equity issues that create other legal and compliance issues
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMMid-Conference Break
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMThe Compliance Officer’s Guide to Keeping Calm and Carrying On: Strategies and Tools for Thriving in a Stressful Profession Diana Trevley, Senior Counsel, Global Compliance, CyberArk Lisa Beth Lentini Walker, CEO and Founder, Lumen Worldwide Endeavors
- Share and discuss the unique challenges and stressors facing compliance officers in today’s corporate world
- Learn simple but effective life hacks for managing burnout, jet lag, crises, and crying babies (of both the corporate and infant variety)
- Discover the science behind the mindfulness, meditation, and gratitude practices that helped transform one company’s compliance team
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMBreak
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMAre Virtual Vendor Audits Here to Stay? Janet Himmelreich, Managing Director, 3Comply
- Pros/Cons of a Virtual Vendor Audit
- Impacts of a Down Business Cycle
- Tips on Making a Virtual Audit Successful
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMBreak
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMCompliance & Ethics Programs and the Use of Incentives: Why it Matters for Effectiveness Joseph Murphy, Senior Advisor, Compliance Strategists
- Value of incentives and why ignoring them can doom your program
- Risks and impact of company incentive programs and the role of Compliance
- Implementing meaningful incentives into your Compliance & Ethics Program
04:30 PM - 04:35 PMOverall Evaluation
04:30 PM - 05:30 PMNetworking & Discussion Connect with your fellow attendees and enjoy a free-flowing conversation about what stood out during the sessions or a compliance challenge you want feedback on. The objective here is to enable conference participants to network with and learn from each other and help overcome the isolation of the past months. This optional networking event will be held on Zoom and participants may choose to be on camera, if desired.