Friday, March 13
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMInternal Investigations and Anonymity Michael Johnson, CEO, Clear Law Institute, LLC
- How to utilize the “Cognitive Interview,” which is the most widely researched interviewing technique in the world
- How many common beliefs about spotting deception are incorrect
- How to apply research-based methods for detecting signs of deception and truthfulness
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMBreak
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMEthics & Compliance Leadership - Strategies for Effectiveness Debra Hennelly, Founder & President, Resiliti
- Cross-functional coordination and leading without direct reporting relationships
- Being a strategic partner to the business
- Embedding your program in operations and culture
- Wearing two hats: General counsel and chief compliance officer
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMBreak
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMRising Sanctions Compliance Expectations for Non-Banks Gail Fuller, Vice President, Financial Integrity Network
- Understanding the U.S. government’s expectations for a sanctions compliance program
- Assessing the current administration’s enforcement posture for sanctions violations
- Avoiding common sanctions compliance pitfalls
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMLunch Break
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMGetting Real about Artificial Intelligence for Due Diligence: What Works and What Doesn’t Aaron Narva, SVP, Head of Corp. Markets, Exiger Sandra Leon, Vice President, Cognitive Computing, Exiger
- The limits of using AI and automation in due diligence
- What people are good at and why AI will never replace them in due diligence
- Maximizing your research team using AI
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMBreak
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMCreating Great Compliance Training in a Digital World Kirsten Liston, Principal, Rethink Compliance Rachel Batykefer, Senior Director, Global Compliance, Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Reach and persuade your workforce through outstanding training.
- Focus on the needs and attitudes of a 21st-century audience.
- Train yourself and your staff to think like a lawyer, talk like a human.
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMBreak
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMCompliance, Ethics, and Irrational People (All of us) Adam Turteltaub, SCCE & HCCA staff, SCCE & HCCA staff
- How we think (and don’t)
- How much people cheat when given the opportunity
- The gap between how ethical people are vs. how ethical they think they are
Agenda subject to change.