Friday, August 30
08:55 AM - 09:00 AMOpening Remarks
09:00 AM - 10:00 AMUpdate on Compliance Trends in Brazil - Main positive aspects and innovative solutions for a compliance program’s effectiveness
- Main aspects of existing compliance programs in Brazil that should be improved
10:00 AM - 11:00 AMUnique Ideas for Success in the Implementation of an Integrity Program - Communication
- Ethics and compliance ambassadors
- Compliance officers collaboration
11:00 AM - 11:20 AMNetworking Break
11:20 AM - 12:20 PMTop Management Support - Are you struggling to get the tone at the top? The ethics seed emerging from the bottom. - Board expectation about Compliance
- What is your duty as a Compliance Professional when you face lack of tone at the top in your Company? Is it a waste of time and efforts trying to implement an ethical culture if the top management does not buy in?
- How can you reach the top management starting from the bottom? If you plant the ethical seed in daily activities and show to the employees the importance and the benefits of an ethical culture for both their lives and the company you will get their buy in
- Reinforcing tone at the top.
12:20 PM - 01:10 PMLunch
01:10 PM - 02:10 PMCompliance, Ethics, and Irrational People (All of Us) - We tend to think that people are basically rational, but what if we aren’t?
- This presentation reviews data on how people think and don’t think, especially when it comes to right and wrong
- Provides insights into how to improve human behavior based on how we approach ethical decisions
02:10 PM - 03:10 PMPrivacy Challenges in LATAM - Legislation update
- Privacy, tech, behavior and legislators
- Artificial intelligence, IOT and other tech developments
03:10 PM - 03:30 PMNetworking Break
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMThe Legal Treatment for Whistleblowers in Latin America and how this can impact compliance programs There have been propositions of new legislation in Brazil (and other countries) to incentivize whistleblowing -
- Such propositions include provisions aimed to increase security of whistleblowers and provisions regarding cash rewards
- The panel intends to debate how such provisions, if approved, might affect corporate compliance programs discussing occasional potentialities and pitfalls they might bring.