Wednesday, August 21
08:30 AM - 08:55 AMRegistration & Welcome
08:55 AM - 09:00 AMOpening Remarks
09:00 AM - 10:00 AMCompliance 101 Debbie Troklus, President, Troklus Compliance Consulting - Review the reasons why organizations should implement effective compliance programs.
- Discuss the seven elements of an effective compilance program
- Discuss the basics of compliance program structure and implementation.
10:00 AM - 11:00 AMEthical Resources to Make Business Decisions, Beyond the Fear for Criminal Liability Lorena Pineiro, Ethics & Compliance Invited Professor, University of Chile, Law School -Ethics & Compliance Scope; Most Latin American companies associate these programs to criminal corporation liability only and disregard the potentiality they have to adopt correct business decisions in a day to day operation
- Learning from others; how to build a Culture of Integrity according to the best and worst practices of American and European companies
- How to reach the Ethics & Compliance's standards in a country with no judicial precedents and therefore no judicial interpretation of the law
11:00 AM - 11:15 AMNetworking Break
11:15 AM - 12:15 PMUsing Data Analytics for Compliance Gerard Zack, CEO, SCCE & HCCA staff -Designing a compliance data analytics program
- Analytics for compliance monitoring
- Use of analytics in performing investigations
12:15 PM - 01:15 PMLunch
01:15 PM - 02:15 PMThe development of compliance programs in Chilean competition law - taking stock, looking ahead Javier Tapia, Judge, Chilean Competition Tribunal (TDLC) - Increasingly, the Chilean competition authorities have incentivized compliance programs.; a bird's eye view of the cases and guidelines
- Are Chilean standards similar to those set by international authorities and bodies? Are they similar to those applied in other areas of the law (ie. criminal law)?
- Main challenges ahead
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMChallenges for Private Sector in the Fight Against Corruption Alberto Precht, Executive Director, Transparency International Chile Chapter - Latin America Environment after Lava Jato operation
- New perspectives and regulations. The Chilean example
- Where the world is moving in this new scenario
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMNetworking Break
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMBoard Expectation about Compliance Yoab Bitran, Head of LRN Latin America, LRN Hector Lehuede, Associate Professor, Universidad Catolica Center for Corporate Governance Mariano Gojman, Compliance Officer - Chile, Siemens S.A. What Boards want from Compliance
- Reinforcing tone at the top
- Board expectation about Compliance
04:30 PM - 04:35 PMOverall Evaluation
Programme subject to change.