Friday, August 23
08:55 AM - 09:00 AMOpening Remarks
09:00 AM - 10:00 AMCompliance 101 - Review the reasons why organizations should implement effective compliance programs.
- Discuss the seven elements of an effective compliance program
- Discuss the basics of compliance program structure and implementation
10:00 AM - 11:00 AMDiversity in Compliance - Diversity and compliance: a route to more ethical businesses?
- How prepared are we in Argentina? Sharing experiences from other regions
- Gender impact in Argentina: Are we really a leading case? The role of Compliance on the new business landscape. Women networks.
11:00 AM - 11:15 AMNetworking Break
11:15 AM - 12:15 PMManaging and Mitigating Compliance Risks in M&As and joint ventures - How M&As have evolved in terms of compliance? Scope and impact of compliance due diligence.
- Dealing with key high-risk issues and key challenges while conducting compliance DD: How due diligence findings may affect the transaction? How can compliance risks be managed and mitigated?
- Providing a proper pre and post-closing risk assessment: major compliance issues to consider, implementation of tools and contractual protections to reduce or eliminate compliance risks (e.g. R&Ws, closing conditions, indemnities, post-sale monitoring).
12:15 PM - 01:15 PMLunch
01:15 PM - 02:15 PMCompliance, Ethics, and Irrational People (All of Us) - We tend to think that people are basically rational, but what if we aren’t?
- This presentation reviews data on how people think and don’t think, especially when it comes to right and wrong
- Provides insights into how to improve human behavior based on how we approach ethical decisions
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMUsing Data Analytics for Compliance - Designing a compliance data analytics program
- Analytics for compliance monitoring
- Use of analytics in preforming investigations
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMNetworking Break
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMBuilding an "Adequate" Anti-Corruption Compliance Program in Argentina following the Implementation of Law 27.401 - The elements of an effective "integrity program" and how to tailor to your company’s risk profile, size and business.
- Developing procedures for third party screening and monitoring and M&A due diligence
- How local compliance requirements compare to international guidelines and standards