All session times are in Central Daylight Time (CDT)
Monday, September 14
-Breakout Sessions#WTFEESWire Traansfer Fees
08:50 AM - 09:00 AMOpening Remarks
09:00 AM - 10:00 AMGeneral Session: Lessons Learned from the COVID-19 Pandemic Justin Ross, Chief Compliance Officer, FedEx Blair Marks, Vice President, Ethics and Business Conduct, Lockheed Martin Art Weiss, Principal, Strategic Compliance and Ethics Advisors Adam Turteltaub, Chief Engagement & Strategy Officer, SCCE & HCCA
- Working with distributed workforces, including the compliance team, itself
- Adjusting to rapidly changing situations and risk profiles: how to stay compliant while the ground is still shifting
- Implications for post-pandemic compliance programs and looking to the new normal
10:15 AM - 11:15 AMBreakout Sessions#101101 The Landscape of Fraud in 2020 Bruce Dorris, President & CEO, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
General Compliance Intermediate#102102 The Ups and Downs of Social Media Compliance Kortney Nordrum, Regulatory Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, Deluxe Corporation
- The latest ACFE research into how fraud is perpetrated, how it is detected, and who the perpetrators are
- Trends in what organizations are doing to protect themselves from would-be fraudsters, including how they employ various anti-fraud technologies
- What anti-fraud controls have the greatest impact, and variations in how the fraud investigation function is positioned and approached.
Risk Intermediate#103103 The Compliance Olympics: What were the Gold Medal Performances of the Last 12 Months? Jonathan Armstrong, Partner, Cordery Mary Shirley, Head of Culture of Integrity and Compliance Education, Fresenius Medical Care North America
- Examine the risks of employee and company use of social media
- Learn where the risks hide and how to find them, identify them, and fix them
- Leave with a sample social media policy and tips on how to implement best practices
International#104104 Privacy Compliance 101 Bradley Hammer, Attorney - Founder, Vakaris Robert Bond, Senior Counsel & Notary Public, Bristows LLP
- By popular demand, the speakers are returning with a comprehensive look at some of the main issues affecting compliance globally. We’ll contrast and compare between the main theatres of operation - the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific in a truly international and diverse panel.
- Top rated speakers discuss a wide range of issues including how regulators are adapting to the ‘new normal’, cyber threats, bribery and corruption, workforce compliance issues (like modern slavery and immigration), privacy, the increasingly global nature of the media and whether ‘legal’ is ever enough.
- Common threads running across borders will help you manage your global operations effectively whilst staying sensitive to local cultures.
Privacy/Security Basic#105105 Highly Regulated and Limited Resources Doesn't Have to Mean Boring Dana Gillett, Corporate Compliance Manager, OGE Energy Corp David Douglass, FERC Compliance, Evergy, Inc.
- While questions abound as to the impact of current and forthcoming data privacy regulation around the world, compliance programs must be responsive to current regulatory frameworks and business needs as well as adaptable to the changing landscape.
- This session starts by providing tools to understand how to evaluate the privacy risk and regulatory impact of your business: What data do you have? What laws are you subject to? How do you determine risk? How do you talk to the business about privacy?
- Once we go through evaluating your compliance needs, we will discuss basic strategies for putting together a compliance plan and program that is effective at mitigating current risk and adaptable to changes in the law and business.
UtilitiesEnergy Intermediate#106DG106 Cultivation of Culture and Compliance Partnerships - Session Full Jaclyn Badeau, President, Badeau Consulting, LLC Ashley Lewis, Senior Compliance Manager, McAfee
- Learn about implementing a Compliance and Ethics Week and other training opportunities on a budget
- Discover how to develop communications, utilize blogs and company aps, and develop awareness tools like video shorts
- Explore entertaining ways to effectively promote your compliance program
- Cross functional partnerships: who to connect with how often and why.
- Engaging employees: why engagement is key to proving Ethics and Compliance is not the enemy.
- Rebranding your hotline solution: why words matter and how you can use words to connect with your employees.
Due to the interactive nature of the Discussion Groups, these sessions will be limited to 40 attendees and require preregistration.Discussion Groups Basic#107107 Calling all Champions! Best Practices for Expanding Your Ethics Programs Footprint by Establishing and Promoting an Ethics Champions Network Cristina Potter, Chief Ethics & Privacy Officer, SAIC Shauna Brookshier, Ethics & Compliance Association, SAIC Chelsea Dunkle, Ethics Analyst, SAIC
Ethics Intermediate#108108 Beyond Awareness - Build A Compliance Program That Will Leave Your Employees Cheering Adam Balfour, Vice President and General Counsel for Compliance and Latin America, Bridgestone
- In a time when cost cutting and shrinking resources are commonplace, how do you "sell" an Ethics Champions program to your Board and leadership?
- So you have buy-in, what steps can you take to make your Ethics Champions program roll-out a success?
- Maybe you've successfully launched an Ethics Champions program, now how do you prove its impact?
Case Study Intermediate#109109 New Tone at the Very Top: CECOs on Boards, Why it Matters, How to Get There Ellen Hunt, SVP, Audit, Ethics & Compliance Officer, LifePoint Health David Greenberg, Special Advisor, LRN Ben DiPietro, Thought Leadership, LRN Corp
- Too many companies make the mistake of focusing on raising awareness about their compliance programs.
- Brand experts look past brand awareness to measure brand relevance and resonance. Compliance must do the same in order to engage your employees and get their buy in.
- Hear practical and cost-effective ideas that have worked and left employees cheering and punching the air in celebration during compliance trainings (including Bridgestone’s Compliance Battle Royale)
Professional Skills Advanced
- How boards are looking for skills possessed by many chief ethics and compliance officers, but often don't think of CECOs as board candidates, and what CECOs can do to market their skills, build their networks, and enlist support
- What CECOs board members contribute to public and private companies
- How serving on a board makes one a better CECO and executive
11:30 AM - 12:30 PMBreakout Sessions#201201 Creating Great Compliance Training in a Digital World Kirsten Liston, Principal, Rethink Compliance Tricia Cornell, Head of Creative Services, Rethink Compliance Rachel Batykefer, Senior Director, Global Compliance, Teva Pharmaceuticals
General Compliance Intermediate#202202 Antitrust Compliance 2.0: Tackling the Toughest Parts of the DOJ Compliance Program Guidance Pedro de la Torre, Global Compliance Officer & Corporate Counsel, The Chemours Company Tim Bridgeford, Sr Dir Antitrust Compliance, Walmart Douglas Tween, Partner, Linklaters LLP Marvin Price, Dir Criminal Enforcement, USDOJ
- Reach and persuade your workforce through outstanding training.
- Focus on the needs and attitudes of a 21st-century audience.
- Train yourself and your staff to think like a lawyer, talk like a human.
Risk Intermediate#203203 Asia, State of the Union - Compliance Relations in Asia Mark Stanley, SVP and General Counsel Asia Pacific, Fresenius Medical Care Asia Pacific Jason Chang, Of Counsel, DLA Piper LLP (US) Jimmy Chatsuthiphan, Director, Compliance & Ethics APAC, Uber Technologies
- Examine in detail the latest U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division compliance guidance
- Understand the DOJ’s expectations with respect to risk assessments, auditing and monitoring, information exchange, and tracking competitor contacts
- Learn evolving competition compliance best practices, tips and tools from in-house experts and former enforcers to manage risk
International Intermediate#204204 California Consumer Privacy Act Enforcement Update Jana Terry, Attorney, Beckstead Terry PLLC
- Recent regulatory enforcement activity affecting the region
- Its vast and diverse geopolitical, business, and compliance challenges
- Practical tips and solutions for compliance professionals