Privacy & Data Security Track
Saturday, September 14
08:30 AM - 12:00 PMSCCE's Annual Volunteer Project In additon to networking with your peers and listening to expert speakers, attending an SCCE Compliance & Ethics Institute gives you the opportunity to help a local area charity. Registration is free for this event and provides you with a volunteer t-shirt, lunch and transportation to and from the project location. It's a great way to start the CEI with fellow conference attendees, speakers, and SCCE board members.Networking 098
Sunday, September 15
08:44 AM - 12:00 PMPre Conference Morning Session100
08:45 AM - 10:15 AMBreakout Sessions#P06P6: Cyber Security Due Diligence: Will You Be the One to Save Your Company & CEO From Disaster? Charles Shugg, Partner | Chief Operating Officer, Sylint Group, Inc
- Discuss the importance and criteria for cyber security due diligence and how it affects corporate or organizational reputation damage, judicial punishment and senior executive careers
- Review case studies that highlight the lack of "reasonable" corporate cyber security due diligence regarding processes, assets and incident response actions
- Provide best practice guidance to improve senior executive awareness, reduce corporate risk and increase the likelihood of C-Staff career survival following a cyber security breach
10:15 AM - 10:30 AMNetworking Break SundayNetworking
10:30 AM - 12:00 PMBreakout Sessions#P14P14: GDPR Compliance Post-Mortems: Lessons Learned from Facebook, Uber, and Others Scott Giordano, V.P., Corporate Privacy, and General Counsel, Spirion
- In the nearly 18 months since the EU GDPR was brought into force, several well-known companies have been penalized by EU data protection authorities for misuse and loss of personal data.
- In this session, we will review these post-mortems, determine what went wrong, and discuss the implications for complying with the GDPR and other multinational data protection regulations going forward.
- We will also examine recent European Data Protection Board (EDPB) opinions and discuss how they affect overall compliance strategy
12:00 PM - 01:30 PMSunday Lunch (On Your Own). Braindates Time Need Ideas for lunch? Check in with the registration desk to find where to go to grab a quick bite or to mingle with old friends or new peers.Networking
01:00 PM - 04:45 PMPre Conference Afternoon Session200
01:30 PM - 03:00 PMBreakout Sessions#P22P22: Move the Needle - Active Agent Approach to Cybersecurity and Data Protection Compliance Brian Novack, Lead Compliance Analyst, AT&T Oleg Vasilyev, Director Compliance, AT&T
- Core products and processes at each company are dependent on IT. Active threats continue to evolve and drain resources. This limits a company's ability to reinvest, develop products, expand offerings to drive the next wave of growth, or to remain viable.
- To help, compliance must become an active partner supporting all facets of a company to establish the expectation for compliance, plan for compliance upfront, and drive compliance through strategic resource investment that is balanced with the risk.
- We will discuss an approach to help move companies towards active compliance, enabling each of us to build a solid foundation on which to reduce the threat opportunity and most importantly: Move the Needle.
03:00 PM - 03:15 PMNetworking BreakNetworking
03:15 PM - 04:45 PMBreakout Sessions#P30P30: Software License Compliance & Vendor Management: Why It's Mission-Critical To Reputation & Cybersecurity, 10 Reasons It's Hard (& Getting Harder), & 10 Action Tips For You & Your Team Henry Jones, Owner, Law Office of Henry W Jones III & Intersect Tech.
- Non-Compliance, Now: How Traditional Purchasing & IT Processes + Vendor & Technology Changes Have Landed Nearly Every Entity In Contract Breach, Copyright Infringement, & Security & Reputation Risk
- Digital Dependency Reduction & Organizational Quality Control: Best Practices: Recommended, Rank-Ordered Action Items For Compliance Professionals To Help Purchasing, IT & Other Colleagues See & Fix Software License Compliance
- Get To Not Just Yes & Fixed, But Also Thank You: Tips For Software-Specific Change Enablement, Quantification, Persuasion, Charm, Evidence, Appreciation, Budgeting, & Career Benefits
Monday, September 16
07:00 AM - 08:00 AMContinental Breakfast, Exhibitor Networking and Braindates TimeNetworking
08:00 AM - 08:15 AMOpening Remarks and Awards PresentationGeneral Session
08:15 AM - 09:15 AMGeneral Session: From Crisis to an Electric Future: Inside the Cultural Transformation of One of the Largest Companies in the World. A Disscusion. Kurt Michels, Chief Compliance Officer, Volkswagen Group Matt Kelly, Editor & CEO, Radical Compliance -Starting a transformation in the aftermath of a crisis -Behind the scenes of Volkswagen’s cultural transformation: the strategies that drove the turnaround -Using a crisis to implement change: Lessons learned for compliance professionalsGeneral Session
09:15 AM - 10:00 AMNetworking Break with Exhibitors