Saturday, September 14
08:30 AM - 12:00 PMSCCE's Annual Volunteer Project In additon to networking with your peers and listening to expert speakers, attending an SCCE Compliance & Ethics Institute gives you the opportunity to help a local area charity. Registration is free for this event and provides you with a volunteer t-shirt, lunch and transportation to and from the project location. It's a great way to start the CEI with fellow conference attendees, speakers, and SCCE board members.
Sunday, September 15
08:44 AM - 12:00 PMPre Conference Morning Session
08:45 AM - 10:15 AMBreakout Sessions#P02P2: Ethical Leadership Doesn't Happen Overnight, or Does It? I Was an Employee Yesterday...Leader Today, but Am I an Ethical Leader? Lisa Gross, Founder and CEO, ALESC - Agile Leadership and Ethics Strengthening Cultures Darren Hill, Director Ethics Business Conduct, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
- The difference between a leader and a manager and why this distinction is important to building and maintaining an ethical environment
- Discuss and share assimilation techniques to foster ethical culture and leadership
- Review case scenarios demonstrating good and bad ethical leadership and its impact to the company
10:15 AM - 10:30 AMNetworking Break Sunday
10:30 AM - 12:00 PMBreakout Sessions#P10P10: Every Choice Has a Consequence Chuck Gallagher, President, Ethics Resource Group
Ethics 201#P11P11: Operationalizing Compliance Grace Wu de Plaza, Group Head of Ethics, Ferguson Hillah Culman, Risk Manager, Farmer Mac
- How easy it is for ethical people to make unethical choices and what to do about it.
- The impact of life’s choices and how that affects your performance, both personally and professionally.
- Real-world practical examples of how to use ethics and integrity to create success in business and life.
- Congratulations! The CEO agreed to implement your compliance initiative across the enterprise. Now what?
- In this session, compliance officers who have never developed a project management plan, found the thought of developing a plan overwhelming, or is interested in refining their project management skills will walk away with insights, next steps, and a
- The speakers will take attendees through a case study of how Farmer Mac's compliance department partnered with a project manager and leveraged a project management plan to implement its GRC system and to overhaul its policies and procedures framework
12:00 PM - 01:30 PMSunday Lunch (On Your Own). Braindates Time Need Ideas for lunch? Check in with the registration desk to find where to go to grab a quick bite or to mingle with old friends or new peers.
01:00 PM - 04:45 PMPre Conference Afternoon Session
03:00 PM - 03:15 PMNetworking Break
03:15 PM - 04:45 PMBreakout Sessions#P26P26: 5 Steps to Ethical Problem Solving Marcy Maslov, Chief Integrity Builder, e-Factor!®- the educational board game for business ethics
- We assume everyone has the same definition of ethics as we do... until there's a problem. Every business issue we face has an ethical dilemma at is core. Do you know how to recognize the ethical dilemma?
- Employers of new graduates are complaining their new hires are not "Job Ready" in one critical area: ethics. So where do we learn how to solve ethical dilemmas? Who taught you, and how do you know if you’ve made the right decision?
- It's important to provide a framework for ethical problem solving. Here are my 5 steps and a gamified approach to teaching not only decision-making but critical thinking, leadership and team-building skills.
Monday, September 16
07:00 AM - 08:00 AMContinental Breakfast, Exhibitor Networking and Braindates Time
08:00 AM - 08:15 AMOpening Remarks and Awards Presentation
08:15 AM - 09:15 AMGeneral Session: From Crisis to an Electric Future: Inside the Cultural Transformation of One of the Largest Companies in the World. A Disscusion. Kurt Michels, Chief Compliance Officer, Volkswagen Group Matt Kelly, Editor & CEO, Radical Compliance -Starting a transformation in the aftermath of a crisis -Behind the scenes of Volkswagen’s cultural transformation: the strategies that drove the turnaround -Using a crisis to implement change: Lessons learned for compliance professionals
09:15 AM - 10:00 AMNetworking Break with Exhibitors
10:00 AM - 11:00 AMBreakout Sessions#102102: Compliance Officer Ethics - 2019 Update Theodore Banks, Partner, Scharf Banks Marmor LLC
- What ethical rules govern the obligations of compliance officers, whether they are lawyers or not?
- When do lawyers or compliance officers get rewarded or get punished when they become whistleblowers?
- Does the availability of attorney-client privilege help or hinder a lawyer in a compliance role?
11:00 AM - 11:30 AMNetworking Break
11:30 AM - 12:30 PMBreakout Sessions#202202: Becoming an Ethics Expert: Exploring How to Handle the Most Common Ethical Dilemmas in Business Bradley Agle, George W. Romney Endowed Professor, Brigham Young University
-This session is based on the highly acclaimed book The Business Ethics Field Guide, which through rigorous research has identified the 13 most common ethical dilemmas faced in organizational life -From the lead author of the book learn about these different common ethical dilemmas, and how understanding these types can improve the ethical awareness and decision-making of those in your organization -Utilizing case studies from the book, practice your ability to identify which dilemma type you're dealing with as well as your ability to develop strategies for handling these dilemmas effectivelyEthics 352
12:30 PM - 01:15 PMNetworking Lunch & Braindates Time